LETS TALK ABOUT SUSTAINABLE CHANGES

in , by Anonymous, July 05, 2020

Whilst doing my degree as a fashion student, I have learnt much more about sustainability and the importance of doing your bit to help the environment (even if it’s just a little bit).

Over the past few months I have been making a few changes to be more eco friendly, kinder to the environment and sustainably conscious.

As a fashion lover, of course I love clothes, but some just aren’t the best for the environment. There are lots of brands that are making an effort to be more sustainable, and I have been loving them. Specifically, Topshop.

Topshop has always been one of my favourite shops, from jeans to basics, coats to accessories. During lockdown I have found myself scrolling through their website more often than usual, and came across the CONSIDERED range which is sustainable and eco friendly. 


I ordered a few bits from the range, not knowing what to expect quality wise, BUT, I AM IN LOVE. I mainly got trousers, because that is what I lack in my wardrobe and find the hardest to suit and fit my figure without looking completely ridiculous. They were slightly out of my comfort zone, but the quality is amazing, and they are now one of my new favourite trousers.

I also have been loving using a canvas bag on trips out, whether that's to town, to the shops or just for a long walk.

Mine is from @kulabags which I was kindly sent, the bag is reinforced washable paper and is fully vegan and sustainably sourced which is amazing. 


They have a range of bags in different styles, but I got the smithfield shopper - the perfect tote. Literally, the perfect tote because it has a lined inside with a zipper, which I love. If you are looking for a sustainable bag, then definitely check out Kula.

Whilst I have been loving knowing that I’ve been doing something good for the environment, especially fashion wise, I also have been doing beauty changes too.

Reusable makeup remover pads? YES.

I’ve been using the HelloBody bamboo reusable pads for over 2 months now, which I had wanted to try for the longest time. They come with a net bag to put the pads in for washing too, which is so handy right? (especially if you’re someone like me, when you put something in the wash and it never comes out). I find that they are so soft on my skin, and I only use two when removing makeup instead of around 8-10 cotton pads, after I’ve taken off a heavy base and clumpy mascara. 

I normally wash them on the weekend, but of course that is dependent on whether I have worn makeup or not… and through lockdown that hasn’t been very often!


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Georgia Ellen · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS