GUIDE TO SHOOTING AT HOME

in , , by Anonymous, June 21, 2020

I hope you’re all doing okay during this uncertain time, it has definitely made me feel uncomfortable at times, but I guess that's said for all of us right?

I've been very MIA to my blog for the past few weeks, but I’m back with a guide for shooting at home.
 

I have been ‘trying’ to figure out my style and develop my content during this time. The whole situation turned everyone sideways in the way of content, but people have been finding their own way of doing things. Personally, It has been slightly overwhelming, especially as I have never really shot from home before, and this whole blogging ‘thing’ is new to me.

Whilst at the start I was trying to shoot whatever I had, I never thought of the bigger picture of utilising different things to experiment and be creative. As time has gone on, with research, ideas, inspiration and mood boards, I have finally found my way of experimenting with what I love, being creative and developing my aesthetic. 



Inspiration: 

I think inspiration is so important when shooting, I always find myself looking back at the pictures whilst shooting, whether that is at the lighting, the pose or the background. I find that even if your end result doesn’t look like your inspiration, it doesn’t matter because hopefully you took some photos which you can turn into something of your own.

I have found this makes me feel better about not having ‘as good content’ as my inspiration or anything like that because everyone's style is different and all content will be different (I am just picky). Everyone's content is individual to them, which makes their aesthetic, whatever that may be!

Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to inspiration. I always find myself scrolling through the day saving different ideas into folders so it's more specific when it comes to shooting. I have also recently been using instagram saves quite a lot, because the inspiration I find to be more specific. A lot of images I have saved on pinterest are similar to my instagram saves, and I don’t know if people got that idea from pinterest or not, but they look so similar, with a little twist.

I also think following the people who inspire you is so important, so I always find saving images from those people really helpful, this includes brands too!

Using your house to your advantage:

I haven’t shot at home properly yet because during Lockdown I have been at Will’s, but I've been using his house to my advantage, especially with being more creative and experimental with angles. Places in the house that have lots of light are so helpful. I tend to use the back door or by windows as they have the most light. Stairs and furniture are also good to use when it comes to content because you can again, experiment with angles. 



Backgrounds:

I have finally tested the ‘bed sheet’ background, and It was probably my favourite shoot. You can use any kind of bed sheet, I used white as it worked best with what the shoot was, but you can use grey or any colour depending on preference. Also, I found using a fluffy rug for texture worked well too!

Creativity:

BE CREATIVE! 

Experiment with anything you have. It’s your content, so you can make it as creative as you want.


I have loved playing with mirrors and shadows to see what works best. The sun has been coming out (sometimes), so definitely making the most of lighting is so important! I have found that using what you have, and testing how it works is the best way to experiment. 

Don’t forget to check out my instagram, and subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a post!

Gee x
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com . We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete

© Georgia Ellen · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS