THE MOST EXCITING TRIP THIS YEAR

in , , by Anonymous, April 26, 2020
*it might be a long one, so grab a cuppa

As most of you know, I went somewhere extremely exciting In February and I bet you can guess where…(because it’s not like I haven’t posted it everywhere)

That’s right! I went to PARIS.

Fortunately, with my University course we get the opportunity to go to Paris Fashion Week.. YES! PARIS FASHION WEEK.

Paris and New York Fashion week is something I have always dream’t about and wanted to do since I was younger and have been on the bucket list since.. (well, that's one ticked off now)!

I don’t know about you, but I love reading about other people's trips? There is just something about it which gets me so excited!

As a Fashion, Media and Marketing Student, one aspect we study is trends, whether that's new, old or reoccurring. Fashion Weeks are where brands release the upcoming season of their collection. In fashion, there are two major seasons which are fall and spring, so Paris in February was for the AW20/21, and the September fashion weeks will be for the SS21.

Although we don’t go into the shows (even though we have tried to sneak in), the main attendees and all the ‘famous’ people for the shows have to pass us to get in, which let me tell you, is SO exciting! And yes, I did fangirl at like, every famous person!

Nobody can describe the atmosphere at the shows, from screams of seeing famous people (yes that was me), to the camera men shouting ‘look at me, over here’ to try and capture the best shots. A few too many times I went into the photographers crowd and almost got stamped on, and no I am not exaggerating!

The week went so fast that there were so many places I hadn’t explored, but let me tell you the places I did…

When we got to Paris, the Dior show was starting straight away and (of course) we didn’t want to miss that! It was very overwhelming and not what I imagined it to be, but I would jump at the chance of that environment again!

DIOR SHOW PARIS 2020
The first full day was probably the main sightseeing day, which obviously consisted of dressing up (because afterall we are in Paris and we’re fashion students), and then visiting all the typical tourist places with photos in front of them all, of course.


Outside Galerie Lafayette
But believe me when I say, Galerie Lafayette was the most gorgeous place to visit, outside and inside. The window displays were so beautiful, I’ve never seen anything like it. If you’re in Paris, it’s a lush place to go.


We spent quite a lot of the day in both the womens and the mens galleries because there was so much to see! We did treat ourselves to a cocktail or two in the cutest little restaurant, and of course I had a sex on the beach, because its my all time fav!

Cocktails in a little restaurant
It was actually such a sunny day (which was perfect for pics), so we went to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower, both of which are the typically touristy places and we took full advantage of that.

Opposite the Louvre doing what I love (taking pics)
The day after was also an exploring day to start with, until the Paco Robanne show (which was incredible)! We went to the cutest magazine shop on this street of really quirky shops which I loved, they were.. very french! Anya and I actually went for lunch and cocktails after this (definitely a cocktail theme going on here), before the Paco show.


 

The show was in this gorgeous building, but right next to the road where cars kept beeping at photographers for being in the way because models and guests were coming from all directions! The atmosphere was incredible, especially when running from each side of the road like an idiot to get close enough for a good shot, the outfits were beautiful to see. (My images are on my fashion instagram which I’ll link below)

On the bridge next to the Paco Robanne Show
On the bridge next to the Paco Robanne Show
That evening a group of us decided to experience French night life and go for some drinks across the road from where we were staying then ended up spontaneously going to a nightclub…

The last day in Paris we were feeling quite fragile, but still went to visit the Parsons school of art and design which is a fashion university. It was quite interesting to see how differently they do things to us in Plymouth, but also the way they dress is quite uniquely french compared to how we dress. 


Paris Fashion Week was the best trip this year, and I'm hoping I’ll be able to go on a few more later this year depending on the circumstances. Stay safe x

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Georgia Ellen · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS